< View All Posts

Equivalency Testing

All applicants for Initial Teacher Training must have a GCSE grade C or equivalent in English, maths and also in science for primary programmes. If you do not have one or any of these qualifications (or a recognised equivalent) you will need to book an Equivalency Test. Please note that if you have applied for a statement of comparability from UK NARIC you are not required to apply for an Equivalency Test, unless the qualification is not recognised as equivalent to GCSE grade C or above.

There are different options and providers available and you are welcome to arrange this yourself with your chosen provider. However, we work closely with Educate Teacher Training who provide Equivalency Testing for other Initial Teacher Training providers and our recommendation would be to obtain your Equivalency Test through this route. For candidates using Educate we would usually be able to invigilate and host the exam in our training suite at The Cherwell School and process and return the papers for you on set dates throughout the year.